Year 5/6

Class Teacher – Mrs H. Jones

Teaching Assistant – Mrs H. Richards

Dear Parent/Guardian,

Welcome back after the long summer holidays. This academic year (2022/2023), I will be your child’s class teacher. My name is Mrs Jones.  Mrs Richards will be our classroom assistant, who will support myself and the children throughout the day.

This term, as a school, we will be covering the concept of Belonging. Our class topic will be ‘Identity’ I hope that the topic will have something to capture the attention of all the children. The topic will be the main focus of our Science and Technology,  Expressive Arts, and Languages, Literacy and communication.  We will be incorporating them all in together.  The Health and Well-being of the school community will be our main priority.

During the week, we will participate in a Reading carousel, where the children will read in groups,  complete a comprehension, show an understanding of up-to-date news, improve handwriting and work on their phonics. It is important the children read regularly at home and bring their reading books to school  every day so that staff can help them improve their reading skills when time permits. A Maths and Numeracy carousel will also take place, where the pupils will practise their times tables, complete a sheet of Big Maths, work on solving a Maths mystery and play some Maths games.

Languages, Literacy and Communication, Maths and Numeracy and Independent Learning will take place each day, the pupils will work alongside members of staff and their peers to improve their knowledge and understanding.

Tuesday Afternoons – Forest Schools  (old warm clothes needed)

Wednesday Afternoons – PE  (PE kit)

Children will be strongly encouraged to work independently throughout the year, making decisions for themselves.

You are invited to attend a short meeting with myself on Tuesday 27th September 2022 to familiarise yourselves with me and the classroom. It would be great if you could attend.

Many thanks

Mrs H Jones