Week beginning 27/04/2020

Prynhawn da pawb

Please take a look in class dojo for our class story being read to you by Mrs Wheadon!

Week Beginning 27th April 2020

Dear Parents and Children,

I hope you are all continuing to stay healthy during this very unusual time. I am going to leave the sample timetable on this letter too just to give you an idea of the work you can try to do each day. Have a go, try your best. If you get stuck message me through Class Dojo or email me (just as we have learned in class this year). My email is wheadonc11@hwbcymru.net

Do not try to do everything in one day remember to take breaks, complete your 10 minutes activity of a mile a day (I know daily mile you are all shouting JJJ), relax have fun with your family, go to your bedroom for alone time, play with your toys eat, some food or have a treat. When we get back to school we will get back on track so make sure to look after yourselves.

I have chosen a class book and this week will be uploading videos of me reading it so watch out for them.

Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
Guided Reading activities English activity English activity English activity Guided Reasoning activities
Break
Guided Reading activities Maths activity Maths activity Maths activity Guided Reasoning activities
Lunch
Afternoon activities Afternoon activities Afternoon activities Afternoon activities Afternoon activities

Now remember to watch Newsround every day and to do the weekly quiz on Friday and find out about all the interesting things that are going on in the world! It is also important to keep fit – you can join in with Joe Wicks on line 9-9:30 every morning.

I am thinking about you all regularly and I really miss seeing everyone. There have been no birthdays this week for our class and well done Brianne and Sophie on getting Star of the week.

Lots of love and good health being sent to you all from Mrs Wheadon

Week beginning 27/04/2020

Monday

Guided reading activities : Below are the activity sheets the first one being the newspaper.

First News 24-30 April  

Reading comprehension Four-Stories-723-1

Mystery-News-723

Listening Comprehension Bear Necessities

Year 3 Spelling words

Year 4 Spelling words

WALT develop and extend my reading for understanding.

1. First News activity- the newspaper is attached to our page and there is a mystery activity for you to carry out.
  2. Listening Comprehension Bare Necessities – listen to the song, sing the song, enjoy the song then answer the questions underneath.
  3. Read the First News four stories sheet and answer the questions.
  4. Year 3/Year 4 spellings –choose the set of words that you think will best develop your spelling. Practice them- in coloured pens; bubble writing, find the letters in a paper, write the letters out incorrectly and then correct them.

Afternoon activity

Activities are to carry on from last week (another copy below), in addition I have uploaded a Welsh activity.  Please practise the sentence patterns on the sheet.

Summer Term afternoon activity sheet

Language mat Eisiau (1)

Here is a power point about the oceans of the world if you need it for the oceans sheet (week 1 attachment)

oceans of the world powerpoint.

You can also carry out these PE challenges:

How many “Keepie Uppies” can you complete in a minute?

How many times can you go around yougarden with an egg on your spoon without dropping it?

How long can you balance on one leg?

How many star jumps can you do in a minute?

How many times can you throw and catch a ball in three minutes?

Can you create a new dance to your favourite song?

Can you challenge a parent to do these activities too? Who was the one who worked the hardest?

Tuesday

Literacy Activity

WALT perform the poem The Sea by James Reeves.

The Sea

Please learn the Poem a verse at a time. Look at each line and imagine the sea roaring and moving. Can you video yourself and upload it to Hwb or class dojo so I can see your performance.

Maths Activity:

How to create Scaled-Pictograms-PowerPoint

Animals worksheets

Holidays worksheets

Travel to school worksheetsF

This is to take you from Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday

WALT apply Data Handling Skills..

Warm up by counting on and back in 2s, 5s, 10s. Start from different numbers if you can e.g. count on in 2s from 31.

The activities and a power point have been uploaded on to the distance learning page of Balendulais Primary School.

Afternoon activities

See the attachment labelled afternoon activities.

Wednesday and Thursday

Literacy Activity

WALT investigate similes see sheets uploaded please.

-similes-and-adjectives-powerpoint-_

Similes Activity 1

simile-activity-about you

inventing-new-similes-activity-sheet

Maths Activity:

WALT apply Data Handling Skills.

The activities and a power point have been uploaded above on to the distance learning page of Balendulais Primary School.

Afternoon activities

See the attachment labelled afternoon activities and the activities above.

Friday

Guided Reasoning activities

WALT develop and extend my mathematical reasoning.

Y3 Q2 Summer

Y4 Q2 Summer

Week 1 Level1

Week 1 Level 2

Week 1 Level 2

Week 1 Level 3

Multiplication x1

Multiplication x2

Multiplication x3

Multiplication x4

Multiplication x5

Multiplication x6

RUCSAC POSTER

Maths Games

1. Big maths (make sure you do the level you complete in class).
  2. Guided Reasoning sheet complete the sheet you do in class. Your year group normally.(remember RUCSAC)
  3. Multiplication colouring sheets uploaded on the website.
  4. (Maths Games)Top marks data handling games see uploaded sheet. Use this for lots of quick recall of number facts. It is easily accessed on a phone or tablet and there are lots of maths games on this site.

Afternoon activities

See the attachment labelled afternoon activities

I hope this all makes sense and if you have any questions please email me and I will respond as soon as I can.

Have fun !

Mrs Wheadon