I hope everyone is enjoying the distance learning activities 🙂 I miss you all so much and hope to see you really soon!!
Find the distance learning tasks below- have a go, try your best and most importantly, SMILE AND HAVE FUN!!! 😀
If you wish to contact me or share photos of your wonderful work, please do so via email / class dojo.
Thank you for your support,
General and IEP resources –
Find more specific resources and our photos here 🙂 https://blaendulais-primary-school.j2bloggy.com/lsc2/
Distance learning activities weeks beginning 15th and 22nd March
- Monday 15th March Read a Picture task 15.3 Reading questions.
- Tuesday 16th March Alliteration PowerPoint and activity Similes activity
- Wednesday 17th March
- Thursday 18th and Friday 19th March 2D shapes – can you find … 3D challenge cards. 3D nets 3D Shape PPT
Easter Crossword Easter recipes Easter Word search x table Easter egg colouring Y 3/4 Easter task Y 5/6 Easter task
Activities week beginning 8.3.2021
This will be our last week of learning at home because from next week you will all be attending school !! YAAAAAY 😀 We hope you are as excited as we are!
Please find activities for this week below 🙂 As always, try your best and have fun and send lots of pictures to Mrs Williams 🙂 If you need anything at all, please ring the school on 01639 700261.
- Monday 8th March Read a Picture task. Reading questions.
- Tuesday 9th March Poetry PPT and activities.
- Wednesday 10th March
- Thursday 11th March. 2D shape quiz 3D shape quiz
- Friday, at 10am, will be our very last Teams meeting so check for invites on your Microsoft Teams app for more details 😀
Activities week beginning 1.3.2021
Another wonderful week of super duper hard work from everyone – Well done! A special mention to those who performed and watched our LSC2 Virtual Talent Show last Friday- What an amazing show it was!! Myself and Mrs Evans were so proud of you 🙂 The results can be found here – LSC2’s GOT TALENT RESULTS
This week is very special- it is Saint David’s Day on March 1st! So please find all activities and resources below for our LSC2 WELSH WEEK / YR WYTHNOS GYMRAEG LSC2! I hope you enjoy the activities and I cannot wait to see pictures of your hard work 🙂
Our class Teams meeting will be this Friday at 10am! See you all then 🙂
Activities – week beginning 22.2.2021
Welcome back to a new half term everyone! I hope you had a fun and relaxing break 🙂
Myself and Mrs Evans are back in school every day this week – and we want to put all of your fantastic distance learning work on display in the class! So, if you have any new photos or work that you’d like to show, please send via class dojo or via email and please ring the school if you need anything at all 🙂
Here are this week’s morning activities – (Afternoon activities below)
- Monday 22nd February
- Tuesday 23rd February
- Wednesday 24th February
- Thursday 25th and Friday 26th February
ALL Afternoon activities are here – Afternoon challenges
This week’s teams meeting will be on Friday morning at 10am 🙂 see you all then! 🙂
Activities – week beginning 8.2.2021
Another fantastic week of hard work – Da iawn pawb!! I am always so proud of you 🙂
Teams meetings this week will be…
- Monday at 10am – Story writing !! (bring your ideas from last Monday!)
- Tuesday at 10am – Bingo!! (please contact Mrs Williams for a ticket ASAP)
- Friday at 2pm – ‘Catchphrase’ with Mr EC & Co!!
- Monday 8th February Read a Picture
- Tuesday 9th February Y3 duration Y4,5,6 duration Y6 duration
- Wednesday 10th February
- Thursday 11th – LSC2 story Review our class story
- Friday 12th February Chinese dragon template Chinese money envelope
Find afternoon activities for each day here – Afternoon activities power point
Activities – week beginning 1.2.2021
Well done last week everyone for your hard work ! Please find this week’s teams meeting details and learning activities below.
Teams meetings –
– Monday 1st February at 10am – Amser Stori / Story time
– Wednesday 3rd February at 10am – Scavenger hunt
– Thursday 4th February at 2pm – Cwis Cymraeg! / Welsh quiz!
If you have any difficulties joining a team meeting, please contact me immediately or ring the school.
- Monday 1st February Read a Picture FUN CHALLENGES Reading questions.
- Tuesday 2nd February Fossil quiz! Record Fossil Measurements
- Wednesday 3rd February
- Thursday 4th February
Morning activities- Year 3,4,5,6 power point
Afternoon activity- Cwis cymraeg!
Activities – week beginning 25.1.2021
Well done to those who joined the LSC2 class quiz this week- you all had full marks! Amazing!!
This week we will meet on Monday at 10am for a Welsh story and on Wednesday at 10am for ‘show and tell’! Hopefully see you all then 😀
Afternoon resources – 1. How to make love heart toast 2. Card template or ideas 3. Crack the code 4. Lego challenges 5. Lovespoon activity 6. Times table colouring 7. Word search 8. Santes Dwynwen colour by number
Afternoon resources – Float or sink recording table
Activities – Week beginning 18.1.2021
A huge DA IAWN to all of you working hard at home! Thank you so much for sending me pictures of your work!
This week’s TEAMS video meetings will take place on Monday and Thursday at 10am.
On Monday at 10am you can read your book/a magazine to Mrs Williams and your friends 🙂
On Thursday we will have a general knowledge quiz at 10am!! You will have a dojo point for every correct answer!!
Please find this week’s activities below.
Morning resources – Discussion cards
Morning resources – Year 3 – 1 more , 1 less
Activities – week beginning 11.1.2021
I will be available every Monday – Friday at 10am on Microsoft teams for any queries / questions. You can also contact me via email / class dojo 🙂
- Monday 11th January
- Tuesday 12th January
- Wednesday 13th January
- Thursday 14th January AM- Clock template PM- Welsh weather PPT. Types of weather
- Friday 15th January
An email has been sent to each parent – please reply to this email to confirm it is correct.
When confirmed, Mrs Williams will forward your child’s Spring term 2021 Individual Education Plan.
Week beginning 7.1.2021
Complete the activity by talking / writing / typing about your hopes and goals for the new year 🙂 You can share your work with everyone very soon 🙂 Thursday 7th January
He travelled the world finding new places, plants and animals!
Go for a walk around your area or your garden and choose one or all of the following activities.
- Be like Charles Darwin – use the tick sheet to and find different types of birds. Bird search activity
- Choose an animal you have seen on your walk, draw and label a picture of this animal.
- Choose an animal you have seen- think of words to describe how the animal moves, what the animal looks like, what sounds the animal makes.
Academic year 2019-2020.
Week 7 – 13th July 2020
Bore da pawb! Good morning everyone!!
This is our last week before the summer holidays! Usually in school this is a week of fun filled activities, so, I am going to give you a choice of choosing your own activities to do at home or I have put a few ideas up on ‘teams’ for you 🙂 The choice is yours!!!!!
Hopefully see you at 10am for our weekly class video call 🙂
Week 6 – 6th July 2020
I have had such a lovely week seeing you all on our ‘Teams’ chat and when you have come into school! Once again I just want to say how proud I am of all the boys and girls and a big thank you to all parents for your support.
Join me at 10am this Monday for a game of I-SPY on Teams!!!!
- Choose a room in your house and an object.
- Show us around your chosen room by walking around with your camera.
- Now say “I-SPY WITH MY LITTLE EYE SOMETHING BEGINNING WITH …
- Let’s see if we can guess the object !
Parents will need to be present during the video call.
See you all next week 🙂
Week 5- 29th June
Hi boys and girls, parents and guardians,
For the last three weeks of school, your work will be on Microsoft Teams.
You will need your hwb email address and password.
If you do not have these, please contact Mrs Williams via class dojo or by ringing the school.
- Here is the link to help you download Microsoft teams
- Find general resources by clicking on ‘files’ and then ‘class Materials’.
General resources will include parent information, a timetable of the week, number squares, hand warming up exercises and high frequency word lists.
- I will be available every Monday at 10am until 10:30am for a video call with pupils from my class. Your children have been sent invitations for this and it will appear on their teams calendar.
Parents, please be aware that –
You will need to be present during the video call.
Information about learning activities –
- The weekly timetable will remain the same.
- Introductions to activities will be given during their visit to school.
- Follow up activities will be in pupil workbooks or on LSC2 teams page.
- Activities can be found under ‘Assignments’ on Microsoft teams.
If you have any queries, concerns or questions, please contact me via class dojo or ring the school.
Thank you again for your support during this time.
For step by step instructions to assignments please see the document below. If you need any additional support, please contact the school.
TEAMS SUPPORT – where to find assignments.
Week 4- 22nd June 2020
Morning resources – reading questions.
Afternoon resources – Looking after the oceans – discussion cards.
If your child is returning to school the week beginning 29th June, please read this story with your child- Going back to school
Week 3 – 15th June 2020
Morning resources – Reading questions.
Afternoon resource – Acrostic poems and challenge.
Afternoon resource – Acrostic poem templates
Morning resource – Fractions poster
Morning activity- group 1- matching fractions.
Week 2- 8th June 2020
Week 1- 1st June 2020
Morning resource – reading questions.
Half term activities.
Please use this week to enjoy and relax after all of your hard work these past few weeks 🙂
Below are some activities if you are looking for something to do!!
- Ocean themed Biscuits. 2. Lego challenges.
3. Make a bird feeder 4. Design a maze (plate and straws)
Scavenger hunt sheets.
Week 5 -18th May 2020
Morning resources – group 1 reading comprehension.
morning resource for all – plastics and the environment power point
Week 4 – 11th May
Morning resource for group 1- group 1 reading comprehension
morning resource for all – plastics and the environment power point
Week 3- 4th May 2020
Morning resource for group 1- group 1 reading comprehension.
Afternoon resources – ocean animals power point
Morning resource – plastics and the environment power point
Afternoon resources- 5.5 Additional activity- assessment
Afternoon resources- Lliwiau cymraeg. Welsh colours. (poster)
Week 2- 27th April 2020
Morning resource for group 1- 27.4 group 1 reading comprehension
Afternoon resources – oceans of the world power point.
Afternoon resource – plant and flower hunt
Week 1 – 20th April 2020