Week beginning 25th January 2021

Remember you can view previous weeks activities by

clicking on the links at the bottom of this page.

Please take a look in Class Dojo for our class story being read to you by Mrs Wheadon!

Week Beginning  25th January 2021 Week 4

Dear Parents and Children,

I hope you are all well and determined to work hard and enjoy your learning. Those of you who used my pages last year (this year’s year 4s) will find a familiarity about the layout and work. Those of you who are new to my style of distance learning please let me know if you experience any difficulties or have any questions. I will be on teams most mornings between 9:30 and 10:30 to help you and teach you. You can also message me through Class Dojo or use my work email which is wheadonc11@hwbcymru.net  .You can complete your work in your HWB account, which we have been using for the whole of the Autumn Term and you are very good at getting on to it. It saves automatically and I will be able to see it and leave some comments to say how well you have done. If you would prefer to write your work out that’s great- take a photo and upload it to HWB or Class Dojo for me to see a few children have been doing this and I can still attach comments.

Remember to keep yourselves healthy and fit whilst you are at home, complete your 10 minutes activity of walking, skipping, running etc a day, relax have fun with your family, go to your bedroom for alone time, play with your toys, eat some food or have a treat. When we get back to school we will get back on track so make sure to look after yourselves.

Mrs Issac has uploaded some excellent activities on Rainbow Rangers which anyone can use so take a look and have a go.

I have chosen a class book and this week will be uploading videos of me reading it so watch out for them On Class Dojo.

I am thinking about you all regularly and I really miss seeing everyone.

Thinking about you lots and sending good health  to you all from Mrs Wheadon.

Below I have set out a timetable of how we would complete this work in school- please remember that your children would also be having regular breaks, playing board games, listening to stories, using construction toys, having a snack, talking to their friends, talking to adults, looking at/reading books and definitely not be working constantly throughout the day.

Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
Guided Reading activity English activity English activity English activity Guided Reasoning activities
Break
Guided Reading activity Maths activity Maths activity Live Bird Watch lesson- see below Guided Reasoning activities
Lunch
Topic/Afternoon activities Topic/Afternoon activities Topic/Afternoon activities Topic/Afternoon activities Topic/Afternoon activities

Literacy Activities

Reading

Please read for at least 10 minutes everyday, you can read a comic, the TV magazine, a book, something on line (using a phone, a tablet, a laptop whatever device you have) a menu, a set of instructions etc.

Please also complete the activities below (this is a Monday Morning lesson).

Guided Reading activities- 

I can no longer upload the whole newspaper sorry.

The activities below can however be completed because the reading and questions are all on the same sheet.

Year 4 complete all four comprehensions please.  Year 3 choose two comprehensions you are interested in.

WALT Reading for Understanding.

Four-Stories-762

Year 3 & 4 Activities

L1-Crossword-762

Spelling Yr3 –

Spelling pattern 1

Spelling pattern 2

Spelling Yr4

Spelling pattern ei

Handwriting Practice – Please write this on lined paper’ remember to take your time and make it as neat as possible. Underline your date and WALT improve my style of writing.

Please talk to someone for at least 10 minutes everyday, you can talk about your feelings, about your book, about your animals from the clips, about your favourite football team etc. Remember to give reasons for your answers and try to use new words confidently.

Written work

key-words 1

key-words

Tuesday 

We are going to learn about topic specific words. Look at the list of words above, choose five to ten words, and find out their meaning. Draw a picture and write a sentence containing each word.

Wednesday _ Read, understand and answer the questions  Birds are really useful creatures

Thursday – Complete the attached punctuation sheet.

Year 3

Year 4

Some Extra Sheets

They Them There sheets

Maths Activities

Times Table Activities are always in our maths sessions. The children work in small groups with an adult and also play maths games with their friends. Please use the multiplication games daily.

Use Hit the Button and J2EBlast (on Hwb) to practice your 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 times tables. Record how many you get correct and see if you can beat that next time! (If you are very good at these tables please move on to 7,8,9 times tables.) Warm up by singing your times tables songs using Youtube to find the songs we sing.

Multiplication Sheet

t-n-6268-times-table-1x-to-12x-display-poster-_ver_2

Division Sheet

t-n-7041-1-to-12-times-table-division-display-poster-_ver_1

Maths topic – Data Handling please paste and copy the website address below for bar chart games to start this topic.

https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/51/bar-charts

Year 3 –

Year 4

Friday – Guided Reasoning

Topic Activities Predators (Afternoon)

Our topic activities lead towards an end product so each activity contributes 
to the quality of this product. This half term our end product is:  

WALT: to create a presentation at the end of the topic (just before half term)

t-t-253355-birds-in-your-garden-fact-file-activity-sheet_ver_1

This week is the RSPCB big Bird Watch and we are going to find birds in our surroundings- Go for a walk or look out your window and complete the activities below. On Thursday there is a live lesson which activities below will support.

BBC Live Lesson Thursday 11 o’clock. Please watch at home.  I know there looks like lots of sheets here and I don’t want you to do them all, but different children will enjoy different parts and some children will enjoy them all!

BBC Teach Big Schools Winterwatch Live Lesson  this is about 30 minutes long.

Sheets to accompany the lesson

BigSchoolsWinterwatch-ActivitySheet_210121

Bird Scavenger Hunt- t-tp-438-spring-birds-scavenger-hunt-activity-_ver_4

Birds bar chart- au-t2-m-127-bar-graphs-with-birds-differentiated-activity-sheet_ver_4

Research some facts Describing British Birds

For some fun a word search and how to draw birds sheet.

t-t-2545159-ks1-british-birds-word-search-_ver_2

t2-t-1039-ks2-how-to-draw-a-bird-stepbystep-instructions_ver_1

Our birds appreciate a little help in the winter months. Why not try to feed some birds? You don’t need to buy special bird food – a soft apple hung on a string, soaked raisins or a little grated cheese is fine, just avoid anything salty.

Making a bird feeder at home instructions if you want to attract more birds.

t-t-29271-how-to-make-a-winter-bird-feeder-craft-instructions_ver_3

t-he-723-toilet-roll-bird-feeder-craft-instructions_ver_1

Activity 2: Our topic this term is Predator. I will leave these clips on for this topic and for those of you who didn’t watch them last week or might like to see them again! Also they are to use with this weeks work again.

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0119r25  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00bf0vc

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00bf0r7

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00bf1sh

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00bf2rn

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00bf2nc

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00bf1hs

Choose the clip that interests you the most.

Complete at least one of the activities below

Applying

Show your knowledge by placing your predator in its correct habitat in Jit 5 mix. You can add in the prey.

Applying

Demonstrate why your animal is a predator by making a mask and the key features of your animal – how would you catch your prey? Claws, sharp beak, good eye sight.

Applying

Construct a model of your predator in its habitat.

Something for fun! – Have a go at this.

Have fun !

Mrs Wheadon