Year 5/6

Class Teacher – Mrs H. Jones

Dear Parent/Guardian,

Welcome back after the long summer holidays. This year (2019/2020), I will be your child’s class teacher. My name is Mrs Jones.

This term, we will be covering the topic of Space, the Earth and the planets. I hope that the topic will have something to capture the attention of all the children. The topic will be the main focus of our Language, Mathematics and topic work, we will be incorporating them all in together.

Our week will be begin with a language carousel, where the children will read, complete a comprehension, improve handwriting and work on their phonics throughout the morning. It is important the children read regularly at home and bring their reading books to school  every day so that staff can help them improve their reading skills when time permits. Language and Maths will be taught each morning, with these skills being transferred into topic work during the afternoons.

Friday mornings will give us time to complete a Maths carousel, where the children will work on number skills, reasoning, learning their times tables and problem solving. The week will finish will either a ‘craft’ afternoon or PE.

Children will be strongly encouraged to work independently throughout the year, making decisions for themselves.

You are invited to attend a short meeting with myself on Friday 13th September 2019 to familiarise yourselves with me and the classroom. It would be great if you could attend.

Many thanks

Mrs H Jones