The name, postal address and telephone number of the school, and the name of a person to whom enquiries should be addressed is:
Phone: 01639 700261
Head Teacher : Mr G. Phillips
Safeguarding of the pupils is the concern of all class teachers with the headteacher having overall responsibility. A caring & compassionate attitude is taken towards the general well being of each pupil.
- In the event of a pupil taken ill, or sustaining a minor accident, the parent or guardian is informed and appropriate arrangements made.
- In the event of major accidents, the emergency services are summoned and parents informed accordingly.
- Medical and dental services attend school on a regular basis. The six year olds have a hearing test and the eight year olds a sight test every year, and children with sight, speech or hearing problems are seen quite regularly.
- The Health Visitor visits the school at regular intervals.
- The Education Welfare Service and the School’s Psychological Service are called upon when and if necessary.
Adequate supervision arrangements are made during break and dinner times. Fire drill is carried out regularly. The P.E. equipment is checked regularly and lessons supervised responsibly.
Please click here to view our Safeguarding Policy.
Admissions for Blaendulais Primary School is administered by Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council. Information about the admissions process can be found here. Blaendulais Primary’s Admissions Policy can be found here.
Parents considering a place for their child at Blaendulais Primary School may, on request, visit the school and discuss admission procedures with the Head Teacher.
Welsh Government School Categorisation
The Welsh Government publishes school categorisation for the school based on standards, school leadership, teaching & learning. Information can be found on the process can be found here. In 2016, the school was categorised as a Yellow school.
Blaendulais Primary School offers a ‘Creative Curriculum’. We are building toward the new ‘Successful Futures’ curriculum which signposts the way for the future of Welsh Education. Further information is available under the Classes tab on the menu where you can find curriculum maps for each year group and details of the topics being studied.
Our phonics scheme:
Our reading scheme:
Story World – Home Reading
Rigby Star – Guided Reading
Project X – Targeted Reading
Our Behaviour Policy can be viewed here.
Pupil Deprivation Grant (PDG)
Our Pupil Deprivation Grant (PDG) Plan can be viewed here.
Special Educational Needs
The school has an Inclusion Policy which sets out the way in which the school will address the needs of pupils with special educational needs. The Inclusion Policy can be viewed here.
Statutory School Policies